Register for Pre-K by March 8 to be in Lottery Drawing | Public Spaces
Jeffersonville, GA - Twiggs County Public Schools is now accepting applications for students desiring to be entered into the lottery for available Pre-K attendance slots for the 2013 – 2014 school term. Applications will be accepted at Jeffersonville Elementary School between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Monday – Friday until March 08, 2013. All Pre-K attendance slots awarded to Twiggs County Public Schools will be filled by a randomized computer drawing from names of applicants applying during the Pre-K Lottery Round-Up period. Applicants not selected during the lottery drawing and those applying after the round-up period will be placed on a waiting list. If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Pre-K Project Director, Trendie Spires, at (478)-945-3127.
Who is eligible to attend Pre-K?
Children in the State of Georgia whose birthdays are between September 02, 2008 and September 01, 2009 are eligible for participation during the 2013-2014 school term. *Students whose guardians reside outside of Twiggs County are placed on a waiting list and are served after all in-county students applying during the round-up period have had the opportunity for placement.
Where can I complete an application?
675 Bullard Road
When can I apply?
To be entered in the lottery drawing
February – March 08, 2013
9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Mon – Fri)
To be placed on the waiting list
March 09 – May 31, 2013
During normal school hours
What information is needed for my child to register for the Pre-K lottery at Jeffersonville Elementary?
- The child’s birth certificate
- Proof of residency (utility bill in the parent’s name listing the residence as the service address, current lease, homeowner’s insurance bill, etc.) * a cell phone bill or driver’s license is not an acceptable proof of residency
- Parent’s picture ID (driver’s license; military ID)
- * If a student’s family is living with someone else, parents should provide a notarized affidavit from the person stating that the child and the parent are both residing with him/her, plus a copy of the property owner’s proof of residency (any acceptable items listed above).
What information is needed for the Pre-K program at Jeffersonville Elementary?
- The above three documents required at the time of registration
- The child’s social security card or student social security number information form
- All children attending Georgia’s Pre-K Program must have a Certificate of Eye, Ear and Dental Examinations (Georgia Department of Human Resources Form 3300) (*within 90 days of commencement)
- DHR Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231). Children who attend Pre-K must be up-to-date on all immunizations required for school entry.
- Copy of the child’s health insurance card, Peach Care documentation, or Medicaid card
- Date of child’s last full health exam