Minor Flooding Along the Ocmulgee River | News
The National Weather Service continues a flood warning for the Ocmulgee River near Macon that affects the following counties: Bibb, Houston, Jones, Monroe, and Twiggs.
At 8:00 Tuesday morning the river was at 21.69 feet and slowly falling.
The river appeears to have crested at 21.79 feet early Tuesday morning and is now receding. The river is expected to fall below flood stage in Macon by Thursday morning.
Water is covering portions of the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail (the trail is closed) and low-lying agricultural areas downstream from Macon.
Minor flooding may also take place on the Ocmulgee River downstream from Macon later this week.
A flood warning is in effect for the Oconee River near Avant Mine Oconee affecting portions of Johnson, Wilkinson, and Washington Counties.
Upcoming Events near Twiggs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trash Making Money, Power
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.