Two Men on the Loose in Twiggs County | Crime
Twiggs County deputies search for two men who fled the scene of a routine traffic stop today.
Around 12:30 p.m., they stopped a car with four passengers, two men and two women, on I-16 west for a window tint violation.
A second unit arrived to the scene, and the two men in the car fled the scene. Deputies used the dogs, and the Georgia State Patrol chopper to search for the men, but have not found them.
The car contained loose leaf marijuana and open containers of alcohol. Deputies search for Charlie Branner, 36, from Vidalia and Michael Laquell Sanders, 33, also from Vidalia, also known as Kool-Aid and Smokie.
They both will face charges of felony obstruction and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon when they are caught.
Upcoming Events near Twiggs
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Russell Pkwy repaving could continue for two weeks
- Robins Federal Credit Union Blood Drive could saves over 95 lives
- Group intends to give away 2,000 backpacks filled with school supplies this Friday.
- City says those conducting a traffic study for the intersection need an extension.
- New Houston Co. Schools Opening